Innovation provides a key tool for Europes food and drink industry to stay competitive and meet the big challenges of tomorrow. As a result, FoodDrinkEurope will host an Innovation Day on 23 November 2011.
Industry innovators, risk managers, academia and other stakeholders will gather to discover how R&D and innovation in the food and drink industry can contribute to balanced diets and future competiveness of Europe's first manufacturing industry.
Coinciding with the launch of the first anniversary of the EC ‘Innovation Union’ flagship initiative under the EU 2020 Strategy, we will hear from the European Commissioner for Science, Research and Innovation, Máire Geoghegan-Quinn about ways in which to improve the food industry's capacity to innovate as well as Europe's role as a driver of future innovation.
View the Innovation Day programme here.
Download Innovation Day presentations
- Dr Mike Knowles- Chairman the ETP Food For Life Board , ''Six Years ETP Food for Life”
- Kathy Groves- Leatherhead Food Research, "State of Play in R&D in Food Innovation – Some thoughts''
- Frans Egberts- Vleeswarenfabriek Henri van de Bilt B.V. Managing Director
- Andras Sebok- FHFI/ Hungarian NTP of ETP Food for Life, ''Development of dairy, egg and meat products contributing tobalanced diets by a Hungarian SME cluster''
- Dennis Siepmann - ACTEGA DS, ''PROVALIN -PVC-FREE SOLUTION''
- Daniele Rossi- Chair of FoodDrinkEurope R&D Expert Group, ''Success Stories: Examples of safe sustainable foods which can contribute to balanced diets''
- Michel Gardet -Global Business Head HealthCare Nutrition Nestle
- Carlo Bulkmans - Unilever, ''Low fat mayonnaise with citrus fiber''