According to the Carbon Trust, “a carbon footprint measures the total greenhouse gas emissions caused directly and indirectly by a person, organisation, event or product”.
For an individual, that means the choices we make every day about what to eat, how we travel, how we heat and power our homes and the products we buy. They all contribute to our personal footprint.
Unilever is working to reduce the company’s carbon footprint, and those of their customers and suppliers by:
- Ensuring plant-based diets are easy, affordable and appetising
- Exploring ways to use planet-friendly alternatives in our foods
- Transitioning to planet-friendly packaging
- Working towards carbon-neutral production
- Working to introduce carbon labelling on products