In June 2005, the Greek food and drink federation (SEVT) developed a Code of Principles for Diet, Physical Activity and Health, which has been fully endorsed by the Members of the Federation. The Code of Principles provide the following 6 commitments:
- providing better information and education of food professionals in the field of nutrition,
- providing consumer information through labelling,
- providing products and choices,
- promoting consumers’ information and training on healthy lifestyles,
- ensuring responsible advertising practices and 6. collaborating with social partners.