The Italian food and drink federation (Federalimentare) is a partner via SPES GEIE of the EU-funded FoodWARD project, which aims at quantifying food waste and delivering specific training focused on this theme.
It aims to deliver technical training to food suppliers in order to reduce food waste by focusing on the following themes:
- compositional analysis of food waste and losses in participating countries;
- food waste quantification in milk, meat and canning sectors;
- training of production engineers in plants;
- building awareness of waste problem and
- reducing food waste and creating a sustainable food future.