The Greek Pledge is a voluntary initiative by food and beverage companies to improve the way they advertise to children under 13 years of age. It aims to tackle childhood obesity and non-communicable diseases. It was developed in the context of the European Pledge.
This is an initiative of the Federation of Hellenic Food Industries (SEVT), supported by the Greek Federation of Advertisers. It was launched in June 2022 (officially announced with a PR) and today includes 20 members having and a group of companies from the catering sector (GOODY’S-everest)
The 1st report was recently completed with satisfactory results showing:
- TV monitoring conducted by Mediarisk Consulting Agency: 98% compliance
- Digital monitoring conducted by the Advertising Self-Regulation Council (SEE):
- Company/Brands Websites: 100% compliance
- Influencers: 100% compliance
- Social media: 94% compliance.
As foreseen by the procedure, separate confidential reports were sent to each participating company and an overall one to SEVT, without details per company.
It was presented during the SEVT General Assembly (held on 12/06/23) by SET Vice-Chairman and Coordinator of the Pledge, Mr. Grigoris Antoniadis.