Chocolate, confectionery and biscuits products are fundamentally about bringing pleasure and enjoyment to people. As such, they should be used in moderation and in the framework of a balanced diet and active lifestyle.
Caobisco is committed to bring its contribution to the fight against obesity in Europe. Considering there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution, we have developed a set of engagements (menu of options) that can be implemented by their members according to what makes more sense for their products. Manufacturers have the choice to act in one or more of the following 5 areas: product compositions, mindful eating, consumer information, responsible advertising & marketing to children, promotion of healthy lifestyles.
Help consumers to control their calorie intake by designing products that fit the intended eating occasion by:
- Increasing the range of available portion sizes including small portions and “bite -size” variants
- Providing individually wrapped portions
- Providing visual representation of portions
- Setting calorie caps on ‘countlines’ designed to be fit with the appropriate eating occasion
- Providing re-sealable packs, so that consumers may enjoy part of a product and save the rest for later.