Irish whiskey distillery Slane is committed to contributing to sustainability in their local community.
In 2017, Slane Distiller was certified by Origin Green, Ireland’s food and drink sustainability programme. The overall ambition of the Origin Green programme is that farms and food manufacturing businesses throughout Ireland sign up to the sustainability agenda, making measurable commitments to producing in a sustainable manner, with progress independently assessed and verified.
By 2021, Slane distillery aims to:
- Source 75% of raw materials from suppliers with sustainability certifications
- Reduce the volume of outgoing packaging
- Reduce total energy use from mains supply by 10%
- Obtain 10% of process heat from renewable energy
- Total waste reduction of 10% and zero waste to landfill by 2020.
- Water use efficiency ratio of 11.5L/OLA