2009 was a particularly active and challenging year for CIAA, and much of the sector’s efforts focused on raising awareness of the competitiveness challenges facing EU food and drink manufacturers as well as boosting the visibility of Europe’s food and drink industry and its leadership in a number of key areas and via a host of important activities.
This year’s report provides a round-up of all the work carried out by the Confederation during 2009 as well as an update on the new CIAA governance system and its impact in making the decision-making process within the organisation leaner and more agile body. Progress on several key dossiers of interest to the EU food and drink manufacturers are presented herein and, among them, include:
- Implementation of the Recommendations of the High Level Group (HLG) on the Competitiveness of the EU Agri-food Industry;
- Developments within the framework of the EC proposal for a Regulation on food information to consumers;
- Continued activities under the EU Platform for Action on Diet, Physical Activity and Health;
- CIAA involvement in the creation and launch of the European Food Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) Round Table (RT) and its ongoing work; and
- Revision of the EC Novel Foods Regulation.
The report equally provides a detailed overview of all policy areas dealt with by the organisation, ranging from Competitiveness and Trade issues, to Diet, Nutrition and Health; R&D, Science and Innovation, as well as a multitude of communications activities which support manufacturers’ public policy objectives and raise the visibility of the CIAA and its members overall.
The full Annual Report can be downloaded from the CIAA website at: http://www.ciaa.eu/asp/documents/brochures_form.asp?doc_id=75