To upskill and reskill the current workforce and make the agri-food ecosystem more attractive to young people, while providing a career and life-long learning for both employers and workers.
The Pact for Skills initiative brings together stakeholders, including EU social partners, trade associations, companies, vocational and education training providers, and public authorities. Its objective is to ensure the highest quality of vocational education and training, and up- and reskilling of the European workforce in all the ecosystems of the EU Industrial Strategy, including the agri-food ecosystem.
The partnership will help support the industry’s green and digital transition, as well as attracting and retaining the workforce and improving working conditions.
The partnership will set a joint strategy to design and implement sectoral curriculum, including training, upskilling and reskilling frameworks, maximising competitiveness of all the actors involved, with the aim on enhancing job retention and job attractiveness of the agri-food ecosystem within the context of the Pact for Skills.
The partnership will develop a monitoring framework of specific Key Performance Indicators to measure progress towards these goals and help overcome the challenges identified.
The framework will ensure that farms and food companies can adapt to the labour market by adjusting to technical developments, developing human resources, and increasing the attractiveness of the sector for the retention and development of workers.
The training provided by the partnership will focus on the needs of food and drink operators and workers. It will build on the longstanding training at all levels: national, regional and business level. It shall take into account the different existing systems, particularly those driven, developed and implemented by social partners.
For more information on the Pact for Skills please visit https://pact-for-skills.ec.europa.eu/index_en
- Pact for Skills: A Skills Partnership for the Agri-Food Ecosystem foundational document
- Pact for Skills – agri-food – annual event – 16 Dec 2022 – presentation
- Pact for Skills – agri-food – annual event – 16 Dec 2022 – support services presentation
- Pact for Skills – agri-food – annual event – 16 Dec 2022 – GEEK4FOOD
- Pact for Skills – agri-food – annual event – 16 Dec 2022 – EQVEGAN
- Pact for Skills – agri-food – annual event – 16 Dec 2022 – European Year of Skills
- Pact for Skills – agri-food – annual event – 16 Dec 2022 – EIT Food education