Manager R&I & EU projects
We are looking for a qualified and highly motivated colleague with a genuine interest in R&I and the food and drink industry to support FoodDrinkEurope’s involvement in Research and Innovation (R&I) activities and EU projects related to sustainable food systems.
FoodDrinkEurope represents the European food and drink manufacturing industry. Made up of 294,000 businesses and 4.6 million employees, the food and drink industry is one of the largest manufacturing industries in the EU and buys some 70% of all EU agri-food produce.
The successful applicant will:
- Monitor and analyse policy developments at EU level, provide concise and technical reports to members and draft industry positions in the area of R&I;
- Support the work of the European Technology Platform ‘Food for Life’;
- Organise internal meetings, including the drafting of preparatory documents, liaising with member companies and associations, and delivering on follow-up actions;
- Prepare activity reports, deliverables, and other project documents as appropriate;
- Participate in working groups and consortium meetings;
- Communicate to internal and external audiences.
- Master’s degree in food technology, food science, biology, chemistry or related areas;
- 2-3 years of experience in R&I project management and EU R&I Framework Programmes;
- Fluency in English. Additional EU languages would be a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in multicultural teams;
- Ability to multi-task, well-organised and detail-oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We believe in creating a work environment that is inclusive and diverse, where all ideas and perspectives are valued and our people can confidently and comfortably be themselves.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin
Please send your CV and motivation letter (both in English) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Ms Rebeca Fernandez, Director Food Policy, Science and R&D). Deadline for applications: 20 February 2023