Unilever is doubling down on this target. Over the next years the company will focus on the following five areas of action:
- Halving food waste in direct operations from factory to shelf by 2025
- Achieving zero waste to landfill and ensuring no good food is destroyed
- Enrolling key supply partners to follow Unilever’s lead and tackle food loss and waste in their operations
- Helping food service customers avoid food waste through education, partnerships and services and finding ways of redistributing surplus food
- Using brands to help our consumers waste less food at home.