In Unilever’s recent Future Foods announcement, the company pledged to halve food waste across operations from factory to shelf by 2025 – five years ahead of the UN’s SDG 2030 target.
Unilever is doubling down on this target. Over the next years the company will focus on the following five areas of action:
- Halving food waste in direct operations from factory to shelf by 2025
- Achieving zero waste to landfill and ensuring no good food is destroyed
- Enrolling key supply partners to follow Unilever’s lead and tackle food loss and waste in their operations
- Helping food service customers avoid food waste through education, partnerships and services and finding ways of redistributing surplus food
- Using brands to help our consumers waste less food at home.